St. Mary’s Cambridge School was established by the Mill Hill London Catholic Fathers in March 1949. Rev. Fr. Thijssen became the founding principal who started the school in the new Holy Family Hospital Building, Saidpur Road.
Later on, the Sisters of the old Holy Family Hospital were shifted to the new hospital building and the old hospital building in Murree Road was given to the Diocesan Board of Education to operate St. Mary’s Cambridge School.
In January 1956 St. Mary’s School, Chaklala was established and educated a number of boys until 1964 when it was handed over to the P.A.F. With the increasing demand for enrollments and the need for a boys school in the Cantonment area, St. Mary’s Academy was established at Lalazar in 1962 with a senior section accommodating classes from Class Six to Matriculation and Senior Cambridge.
The founding Principal was Rev. Fr. Patrick Byrne whose dream it was to eventually provide a comprehensive educational system from Nursery to A Levels and graduation. In 1966 the junior section commenced operation and in 1998 A level classes were added.
In 2007 the school offered HSSC classes to its graduating matriculation class. For a few years girls were also enrolled in the junior primary classes and currently forty five girls are enrolled for A Level studies.
Today St. Mary’s Academy offers classes for boys from Prep to HSSC and A Level preparing students to follow in the footsteps of earlier St. Marians who have taken their place as honorable and leading Pakistanis and world citizens.
St. Marians have excelled in academic and sporting fields and play an important role in Government, the professions, business and in the Defence Forces. More Info
CAMBRIDGE Cambridge International Fellowship Centre Status
St. Mary’s Academy is one of only a few Cambridge International Centres worldwide to be granted this prestigious status. St. Mary’s Academy has been awarded this fellowship status because of its commitment to Cambridge University International Examinations as demonstrated by our use of the O Level and A and As Level examinations and its role in helping principals of other schools to run Cambridge GCE programmes. There will be an official presentation of the plaque and certificate in September.